10 of the best weather stations, according to online reviews
Some good suggestions in the list but based on my experience with my Acurite weather station (it works well but the company suddenly announced discontinuing some models after many had bought them around the world but they don't sell to those countries so the excellent discounts are invalid) I can suggest from my side that the following always be kept in mind when choosing:
1. Check the online weather service for what models they support if you want to share data eg. with Weather Underground.
2. Based on 1 also search for weather stations in your area and see what they are using.
3. Search for reviews and comments by others and listen carefully to criticisms around issues.
4. Make sure the weather station operates in the hemisphere in which you live (the Acurite had to have a hardware hack done to reverse its wind direction in relation to the direction of the sun).
5. Make sure parts are available as some parts are mechanical and will fail after a year or two.
6. Some weather stations will require additional optionsal parts to connect to Wifi or the Internet.
|10 of the best weather stations, according to online reviews
In case you couldn't tell, we're a bit obsessed with the weather.