Mounted my DIY VHF Antenna made from solid brass brazing rods
This is now replacing the previous one I had made out of 2mm copper wire as its vertical blew off in the gusting wind due to the solder joint not being very strong on the weak centre pin of the UHF panel mount connector.
The new one is using choc block connectors (the brass part) to screw on the vertical and radials onto the panel mount UHF connector. It sounds better but I'm still not happy with it as the choc block connectors cannot be screwed very tight (brass is a bit weak and the first one I screwed on just split) so I used a clear epoxy resin which I hope will prevent it working loose in the wind. The vertical was again a problem with that thin centre pin but I bout a small 4mm brass sleeve that I drilled the centre out with a Dremel to 3mm so it could fit tightly over the centre pin. Then the vertical brazing rod with its choc block connector fitted quite tightly over that sleeve, with more epoxy resin.
It's receiving quite well on my SDR right now but not tested it yet on my actual radio.