Post Scriptum ‘The Bloody Seventh’ - a very realistic WW2 simulation game, focusing on historical accuracy
Post Scriptum is a WW2 simulation game, focusing on historical accuracy, large scale battle, difficult learning curve and an intense need for cohesion, communication and teamwork. Players will relive the events of ‘Operation Market Garden’ across the fields and towns of Holland. This massive Allied assault consisted of a coordination of the British and American Airborne to capture key bridges while the British XXXth Corps moved to reinforce them through Highway 69. However, consecutive delays in consolidating ground from the north of Belgium through Nijmegen forced the 1st British Airborne Division in Arnhem to make a stand much longer than anticipated. With no successful link between the XXXth Corps and the Airborne in sight, the seventh and final bridge in Arnhem was considered lost.
Players will be given the option to fight with the British Airborne Division, British XXX Corps or several branches of the German Army, such as the Wehrmacht or the Waffen SS. It’s a rare opportunity to experience the intense battlefield that was the Battle of Arnhem, which stretched across farms, woods, villages and city areas. Each area is being accurately recreated from archival references that range from street level to aerial images. Whether you’re jumping out of a plane, resupplying friendlies or operating a tank you will find multiple reasons to drop back into the battlefield in this grand scaled representation of a WW2 setting never explored in a large multiplayer environment.
The Feature List includes:
- 40 vs 40 multiplayer PvP battles (50v50 is their goal)
- Parachuting into action
- Photo scanned 3D Uniforms
- Artillery and Airstrike support
- Vehicles using realistic values, such as turret speed, armor thickness etc..
- Authentic level at a 1:1 scale based on military archives and historical maps
- Faithfully recreated historical weapons, vehicles and famous landmarks
- Base building, fortification and barricades
- Logistic and supply runs to help fortify your position and rearm friendlies
- Towing system for supplies
- In game Voice Over IP with proximity fade
- Full access to PS SDK to add or modify content after release
- Steam Workshop support after release
- 4 maps initially with a 5th one coming soon incrementally for a total of 140 km² of authentic playable area
- 3 game modes, starting with “Offensive”, the other two “Armored” and “Sandbox” will come after release.
- More than 40 faithfully recreated vehicles and emplacements as well as 50 authentic weapons
- British & German factions, including the 1st Airborne Division, XXXth Corp, Waffen SS and the Wehrmacht
- The entire western vicinity of Arnhem in 1944 and Arnhem city center with its famous bridge too far
- Source Development Kit for you to add or modify content after release
As many have said the sound realism is really outstanding and the tank play is also the most realistic I have ever seen. Pity it is Windows only but seeing it is based on the Unreal Engine it could possibly run on Linux in the future. The game is in open beta from August 2018 on Steam.
Watch the trailer at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFKNSu_aI5I and for a sample of real warfare watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnku-8-FBcE, and you can also watch some typical ground troop multi-player gameplay at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGsEvtB7F5U.